Monday, September 30, 2013

Surprises, surprises. . .

Photo courtesy of Mergriet van Wijenhorst (Amanda Poirer-Kratz)
This weekend was a pretty big weekend in my Laurel's group of apprentices.  My apprentice-brother, His Excellency, Baron D'Unstable Peregrinator, was made a member of the Order of the Laurel.  Our Laurel all gave us things to do as we could - so I volunteered to make the wreath and the medallion chain.  Syr Yesungge, Bess' husband, made the medallion.  It is all kinds of super-spiff.

While the wreath is not based on anything in particular within SCA-period history, the techniques I used on the chain are the same wire-wrapped links that are used on Roman and Byzantine jewellery.  As for the pressed glass leaves, I'm not sure the periodicity of them.  I'd have to do more research.

Still, congratulations, Your Excellency! 

No comments:

Post a Comment