Saturday, January 19, 2013

Where Have I Been?

I promise I exist.

My mundane life has sort of taken over - but never fear!  I'm going through a couple of ideas for A&S competition that are Roman or Byzantine in scope - but I have to work through them first to see if they're feasible.

Upcoming is still the tutorial on making wire-wrapped necklaces.  I promise I have not forgotten about it.  I do need some help in photographing the process, and that requires more hands than what I was graced with at birth!  Once I wrangle up some help, and have good enough lighting, I'll walk you through the process.

In another realm, one of the really cool things that I got to do for the past Calontir Crown was create two scroll blanks to be handed out to children in the SCA.  The award is called the Queen's Chalice, and one was presented at Kris Kinder, the other at Coronation.  Below is Magda presenting my favourite of the two I painted to one of the children.

photo courtesy of Gary Fox (ska Ruaidhri ua Ceallaigh)


One more thing - I've been running an A&S Secret Santa-type swap on the Knowne World level, and would love to have you join us.  This next swap is #5, and promises to be quite fun!  If you're on Facebook, check out our group at the following link: Noblesse Largesse.

So, yes, that's what's been going on in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment