Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Welcome, and hi!

Hi!  I'm Konstantia Kaloethina, of the Kingdom of Calontir.  And I make stuff.

I should probably back up and introduce myself more.  I portray a 6th century Byzantine woman from Constantinople, the only surviving daughter of silk merchants-cum-minor nobles.  Because my persona is a minor noble, I walk a very thin line in my portrayal of Konstantia in the types of materials that I use for her clothing (lots of linen, but not as much silk as perhaps a noble of a higher ranking might have).

My particular passion is jewellery from the Roman empire, but I've been known to dabble in illumination and heraldic displays, as well as later-SCA period Western dance.

There's a story as to why I'm starting this blog.  One day (today, October 10, 2012), my Laurel, Bess Darnley, and I were talking, and she issued me a challenge.

Write a blog of all the stuff that I make for the SCA.

What I hope to accomplish is a not only a way to document the stuff I make, but to also give people an idea of how to make items for themselves.  Plus, make it easier for me to do not only documentation, but also to help with my hand-outs when getting ready to teach classes.

There may even be some persona development going on, too.

I welcome any questions, comments, answers, further research, and even saying hi.  If you make an item, I want to see how yours turned out!

Hope to see more of all of you (and what you make) soon!

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment